Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest sob lut 16, 2019 3:07 am

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 7 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Horse model overview
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Hello,

is there a picture / overview of the metall horses divided into their types? For example which horse-models are used for light cavalry, which for heavy cavalry and which for commanders etc. (Reason: I got some various unpainted horse models from a friend and I am not sure for which units they can be used. Or can every horse-model be used for every cavalry-unit?)

Greetings

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: Horse model overview
Namiestnik

Post a photo and I'll try to tell you.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

What type of army? I suppose it is either some western-type army or Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. In that case:

1) Winged hussars have horses with kind of barding (covering body, but not head), with estocs on the left side of the saddle (running almost horizontaly), and they has braces of pistols near the sadle/horse head. Also, polish commanders can use such horses.
2) Lower rank commanders, Reiters, cossack-style cavalry, pancerni (armoured polish cavalry) has horses with braces of pistols, the horses look heavier and taller than light horses in 3)
3) Dragoons, light cavalry, wallachians, tatars: have horses without braces of pistols, sometimes with rolled blankets before or after the saddle, sometimes with other things like lassos/ropes/bags/etc. Light horses look smaller and poorer (saddles also look poorer ;) ) than 1) & 2)
4) Named commanders usually has hores that stands on back legs only (as in Alexander the Great famous pictures ;) or Sobieski in my avatar )

I hope this helps :)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Namiestnik

robson pisze:
What type of army? I suppose it is either some western-type army or Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. In that case:

1) Winged hussars have horses with kind of barding (covering body, but not head), with estocs on the left side of the saddle (running almost horizontaly), and they has braces of pistols near the sadle/horse head. Also, polish commanders can use such horses.
It is worth mentioning hussars horses have kind of long sword - koncerz, on the left side.
2) Lower rank commanders, Reiters, cossack-style cavalry,pancerni (armoured polish cavalry) has horses with braces of pistols, the horses look heavier and taller than light horses in 3)
Polish horses are bit different than reiter horses despite of having brace of pistols in both cases. That's why posting a picture would work better

3) Dragoons, light cavalry, wallachians, tatars: have horses without braces of pistols, sometimes with rolled blankets before or after the saddle, sometimes with other things like lassos/ropes/bags/etc. Light horses look smaller and poorer (saddles also look poorer ;) ) than 1) & 2)
4) Named commanders usually has hores that stands on back legs only (as in Alexander the Great famous pictures ;) or Sobieski in my avatar )
Generally agree, but it's very individual, couple of named/special miniatures use standard horses, but many have unique horses
I hope this helps :)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Hello,

at first thank you for your answers. I tried to sort the following horse-models by your descriptions and by my own knowledge.

First Picture / line: Armoured cavalry
Second Picture / line: Winged hussars and commanders
Third and fourth Picture / line: Light cavalry

Is this correct? Please correct me if I am worng.

Greetings and thanks

Nie masz wymaganych uprawnień, aby zobaczyć pliki załączone do tego postu.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Namiestnik

1st picture: PLC and Transylvania "regular" unit horses
2nd picture: all hussar horses (can also be used for high commanders)
3rd picture light cavalry and dragoons, also some of Transylvanian units, if they have brace of pistols then reiter units only

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Ok thanks, then the fourth line are reiters.
Greetings

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 7 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]