Dzisiaj jest wt gru 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 4 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Need some help with a zaporozhian outfit
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower
Awatar użytkownika

Hi there!

First of all: Sorry for writing in english, but my polish wordpool is about three words huge and I guess english is better than deutsch, isn't it'

Back to the topic:
As living history grows here in Switzerland and will become bigger and bigger (so far you can see a lot of vikings and medival gentlemen and ladies) I had the idea to display a Zaporozhian Cossack as I spotted a Tatar and a Musketier recently.

I found some pages were I can see patterns for sewing but I do have some questions and hope to get some help here:

-What is the name of the hat (The chapka with about 5cm of fur around the forhead and of a coneshaped form hanging to the side)
-Also I need the name of the coat of which you can button up the arms
-Concerning the belt and sash: Is there any evidence how the zaporozhians wear their sashes and belts? I guess there're a lot of different materials and sizes?
-Down to the feed: So far I spotted "strawshoes" which can be wrung around the leg, leather boots or - well, barefoot.
Which kind of leatherboots would you think of will fit the best?

Thanks in advance!

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: Need some help with a zaporozhian outfit
Awatar użytkownika

Bro Joh pisze:
Hi there!

First of all: Sorry for writing in english, but my polish wordpool is about three words huge and I guess english is better than deutsch, isn't it'

Back to the topic:
As living history grows here in Switzerland and will become bigger and bigger (so far you can see a lot of vikings and medival gentlemen and ladies) I had the idea to display a Zaporozhian Cossack as I spotted a Tatar and a Musketier recently.

I found some pages were I can see patterns for sewing but I do have some questions and hope to get some help here:

-What is the name of the hat (The chapka with about 5cm of fur around the forhead and of a coneshaped form hanging to the side)
-Also I need the name of the coat of which you can button up the arms
-Concerning the belt and sash: Is there any evidence how the zaporozhians wear their sashes and belts? I guess there're a lot of different materials and sizes?
-Down to the feed: So far I spotted "strawshoes" which can be wrung around the leg, leather boots or - well, barefoot.
Which kind of leatherboots would you think of will fit the best?

Thanks in advance!

It is a good question, I only know that people from another forum would know better than me:
http://freha.pl/

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Thank you! With Google Translate I was able to find out more about the coats.

There're two of them: A Zupan which is a kind of middle coat and a Kontusz, which is the upper coat.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Bro Joh pisze:
Thank you! With Google Translate I was able to find out more about the coats.

There're two of them: A Zupan which is a kind of middle coat and a Kontusz, which is the upper coat.

yes indeed, simplyfiying we can say there are these two kinds, and remember about the wide Eastern "hip-hop" Cossack trousers ;)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 4 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]