Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest wt lis 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 11 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: General rule questions
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Hello
After having played quite a few games most of the rules are now working fine for us, but we have some questions that i hope can be answered here.

1: How do i pursuit when attacked in the flank. Do i pay 5 cm for a 90 turn and then move the rest of my remaining move?

2: How do you pursiut/retreat over a bridge? Do you have to pay to get into colume, and if so how do you do that when on charge or move order?

3: Is a fleeing unit destroyed if contacted by a charging enemy?

4: Can you test moral more than once in the same shoting phase? If for instance shot by caseshot followed by loosing a base from firing from a different uint or do you test when all shoting is over?

5: Can a dragoon unit with "military drill" rule reform and shot every turn thereby keping its front to anoying tartars running circles around them?

Cheers
Erik

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: General rule questions
Awatar użytkownika

1. Yes but you can also perform a wheel.

2. Yes you have to pay the according Maneuver Points to be narrow enough to cross the bridge.

3. No but the fleeing unit can't attack back and will automatically loose the CC and has to flee again.

4. You test once in every stage. So if you got a wound through case shot and lost a base from firing of a different unit all in the Defenders Fire Stage you test moral only once.

5. Reform states that you can't shoot when performing this maneuver. Even if a special rule allows more Special Maneuvers.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Namiestnik

1. Not sure you can make a turn for 5cm. I am quite sure you need to do a regular wheel

Chcesz sprzedać/kupić od/wymienić figurki z bartomeuszem, to weź pod uwagę, że jest osobą, która wycofuje się z własnych ustaleń i w efekcie z handlu nici.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

1. Ah right. A pursuit follows all rules for a Charge. So you have to make a wheel.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Thank you for the answers. I must say, that it you have to Wheel to follow up you are never going to catch the enemy and likevise if you are trying to escape over a bridge you are probably going to get cought.

To bad for my dragoon. I really liked the fact, that the tartars were the ones being shot to pieces when trying to run cirkles around my men.

Chers
Erik

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

haha, yes the wheel. you will notice that elite cav will essentially always be out of your reach. but hey, let them flee. after all, if there is a bridge involved, holding the bridge will win you the game, let them flee.
no, but seriously, I hate this, too, when it happens. but on the other side, wildly pursuing without attached commander easily brings you out of command range somewhere on the wild side of the bridge, and you might want to avoid that.

concerning dragoons/tartars, you cannot shoot when you reform, but you can at least rotate. if you are playing as Swede, you can rotate 90° and widen by one base on each side, and still shoot, so that could still give you three bases width to shoot, which is plenty.
If you are at a good range you can even consider a salvo to finish them off, but be aware that the round after the salvo you may not perform any maneuver if you want to shoot again, so you have be sure it's worth it.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Good idea using turns and and front widening. Dont know about the salvo. My opponent always seems to ake his moral rolls.

Cheers

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pocztowy/Retainer
Awatar użytkownika

note that the morale test from salvo only applies in a very specific case when defending against a charge and requires an order. Normally, salvo just lets you shoot with the back rank and you have to kill a whole base to force a morale test. And then you're limited in your mobility on the next turn.

Against the tatars, if you're in effective range, countermarch may be better because then you have a chance of forcing 2 morale tests, one for each rank shooting in each phase. And you can move and shoot normally the next turn.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Are you sure you can use countermarch in connection with a rotating maneuver?
Instead of moving the ranks the whole Unit may be moved 2cm forward or backward. Moving the ranks separately just represents the idea of the Countermarch much better. You cannot make any Turns or Maneuvers in this move.

I would also consider countermarch the better option (though you might give your opponent the chance for another shooting after movement, which is not the case if you salvo directly), but I am not sure if it is allowed. The way I understand countermarch is that you do not combine it with rotations or wheels of any kind.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pocztowy/Retainer
Awatar użytkownika

My interpretation is that you can't turn / maneuver as part of the countermarch move itself. ie, as the unit shifts backwards/forwards by 2cm. But you can have a separate maneuver (ex. turn) before you start countermarching.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 11 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]