Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest sob wrz 22, 2018 12:07 am

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 18 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Where to start?
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Hi,
Where would I start if I wanted to build a " elite" dicplined force- it seems like Sweden have that kind of military. Would I go for the skirmish set first? ( I haven't played yet, nor read the rules), but this game might take on i Denmark now, with the release of the Danish forces.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: Where to start?

In basic form Sweden is the choice if You want a force that really knows what they are doing.
In Scanian, Halland and Carelian theaters there are some exceptions though.
Imperials play in similar way for the most part.

With Swedish skirmish set You starting force for Swedish Detachment list.
Some dragoons, cannon and some reiters. For most games You'd probably want more reiters. And more commanders when the force gets larger, extra commanders are one thing that makes palying with Swedes easier.

With Imperial skirmish You ditch cannon and have less dragoons but get more reiters, some of them armored.

A matter of taste really what is better start. And to some extent what other players in group use. Swedes are of course traditional enemy in Denmark.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Komisarz królewski/Royal commissar
Awatar użytkownika

Hello DonCazino!

If you want to start with really elite force (some kind "elite of elites") you can start with SWE-19 set and field it as basic Swedish Skirmish Force - because they all have veteran level of the Skill - or even as Swedish "Invincibles" Skirmish Set - still accessible by download and soon will be availible in print.
Althought metioned set doesn't include any dragoons (so it would be good to buy 2 or 4 bases).

So - you have few choices how to start.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Cool.
In the reiter regiment half of them have arquebuses, but national reiters can't have them. So is it strictly WYSIWYG? Or do I just need to stay clear of national units then?
What is the Carl Gustav Royal regiment? Just a standard reiter regiment? It also contains arquebuses, so can't really be national right?

I'm trying to find the difference between old and new musketeer regiments.

Last, for now, the HRE have cuirassiers. Their stats seem to be equal to armored reiters. True?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

Hi DonCazino,

Most often all troops are WYSIWYG, except for shields and arquebuses. So, you could use them for national reiters, but I could imagine you don't want to. (I keep them strictly seperate).

The Carl Gustav Royal regiment is a special Mercenary regiment. You can use it as a normal mercenary regiment. But, there are special rules for them in the Warsaw booklet.

Imperial cuirassiers are armoured reiter. Their style is more continental than the swedish armoured reiter.

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

But cuirassier are equivalent of reiters and armoured cuirassiers are like armored reiters.
( It is my understanding that by the end of Thirty years war name cuirassier was already somewhat detached from the actual equipment of troopers and more indicative of military renown of the regiment and the political clout of its oberst-inhaber. Kadrinazi will correct me if I am wrong :-) After the peace regiments not disbanded would have been mainly those with best renown ie. cuirassiers.)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

Totaly true Juha.
I mixed it up. I thought it were cuirassiers and unarmoured cuirassiers, but no.
Cuirassiers and armoured cuirassiers. So cuirassier and reiter are basically exchangeable.

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

So when I look at the Invincibles pdf, and the Royal division cavalry wing it says " Reiter, any veteran". But there's not the national reiter symbol. Can I take National veteran reiters?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

My understanding of this is yes, since else the remark would be senseless. There is only 1 mercenary veteran regiment.
I think the icons in the baseline should be the same as in the second line, so both types of veteran cavalry regiments.

Maybe it fell out because they needed to place it twice, second lighter, because of the "Small in numbers but we're the chosen ones..." rule.

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Fältherren
Awatar użytkownika

DonCazino pisze:
Can I take National veteran reiters?

Yes, as many as you want :)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 18 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]