Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest sob lis 25, 2017 12:10 am

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 11 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: The Mountains and Valleys Were Full of Them...
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Hi,

Is their any restriction on how the extra 1 FSP is used other than it being from the force list?

Can the 1 extra FSP for having 30 bases be spent to have a second boluk of Delis?

After all it's best to have pair of boluks than just one.....

Cheers, Kevin.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: The Mountains and Valleys Were Full of Them...
Prowiantmagister Cekhauz Wilcza
Awatar użytkownika

It have to be used on something from the list. Second unit of Delis is not on the list. So f.e. you can use it to pay for second commander, unit of Deli, upgrading units with extra (grey) bases etc.
Treat it like, you get an extra voucher with 1 SP to spend, but you are still limited with the list.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

steadythebuffs pisze:
Hi,

Is their any restriction on how the extra 1 FSP is used other than it being from the force list?

Can the 1 extra FSP for having 30 bases be spent to have a second boluk of Delis?

After all it's best to have pair of boluks than just one.....

Cheers, Kevin.

Hitler only had one!

Damned Tatars! Why can't they stand and fight like men!

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Kadzik pisze:
It have to be used on something from the list. Second unit of Delis is not on the list. So f.e. you can use it to pay for second commander, unit of Deli, upgrading units with extra (grey) bases etc.
Treat it like, you get an extra voucher with 1 SP to spend, but you are still limited with the list.

I am really not sure that I understand this. What the rule actually says is "For every 30 bases (exlcuding commanders) you get 1 free Force Strength Point that can be used to deploy new units, commanders or improvement of equipment".

I would read "improvement of equipment" to mean better gear, not more bases, and none of the Ottoman skirmish lists have an equipment upgrades listed that cost anything - they are all on the lines of "up to half of xxxxx can be equiped with yyyy". Is this a case of miss-translation?

Are you limited to spending the free FSP on a unit in the list, or can you use it to for anything in the list, which would be a Sipahi, Gonulla, Beszli, Segban, Delis or commander as an extra to the list?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

@Rootum,

I think the upgrade to equipment is not so much used in skirmish, but it is used in division level. One of the 'equipment' upgrades you could take is giving portable obstacles to some of the troops, e.g. kobylice to janissaries. In the description of the individual troop types you can find what troop type can use what type of portable obstacles. The portable obstacles are mentioned on pages 181-183 of the 1st edition english rulebook.

The only thing you can use the FSP on, is on things allowed by the list(s) you use. So, it can be used to increase the FSP level of a list, add additional bases to the units (as mentioned on the bottom of the page), increase the command rating of the leader if it is possible, etc.

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

I wonder if this free FSP will increase the FSP of the entire force or if it isn't calculated when comparing the FSP of your opponent? I would guess the latter?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

The rule specifically states that the free FSP do not count towards the total FSP strength of the force.

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Iluzagin pisze:
@Rootum,
........... add additional bases to the units (as mentioned on the bottom of the page), increase the command rating of the leader if it is possible, etc.

Hi Zagin,

the wording or the rule specifies "...deploy new....", so getting extra bases for the units, or an extra command point for the commander are not options.

The rule is specified for both the European and Anatalia skirmish lists, and the Raiding force (although the maximum size of the raiding force seems to be less than 30 base, so not really a lot of use!)

So, to summarize, if I have 30 bases paid for (excluding commander), then I can use the free FSP to get either the Aga, or one of the remaining units in the list.

e.g European skirmish force - Base force, Segban, 2 ala/cemaat for 7FSP, annd extra bases to the base force and the segband, that give me a total of 31 bases. I can then spend the "free" FSP on one of the remaining units in the list (FSP 8/9 and the Deli Boluk), or the Aga.
If I went for an all-mounted list I would have t get to 9 FSP, plus the extra bases for the base force I would be limioted to the Aga or the Delis Boluk - those being the only items left.

Thanks for your comments so far.

Rootum

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

@Rootum,

Good one on the 'deploy new', easy to overlook that one.
I think you could also (partly) equip the segbans in the skirmish forces with kobylice, if those are seen as equipment.

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Iluzagin pisze:
I think you could also (partly) equip the segbans in the skirmish forces with kobylice, if those are seen as equipment.

Hi Zagin,

that is not an option in a skirmish game - portable defences can only be used in a skirmish if the scenario allows field fortifications (page 181).

Rootum

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 11 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]