Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest wt wrz 25, 2018 12:04 am

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 51 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Re: Tactics
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower
Awatar użytkownika

If I add up the points for this skirmish force, I see that no points were spent to upgrade the commander. I would have thought that command points are important, but maybe this also depends on the tactics you use? And it will also depend on the size of the force? On the other hand, a subcommander has been included. I can see why this would be better than giving an extra command point to your commander, as it will allow you to do things in more than one place.
Also, there are no scouts or skirmishers. With their special rules, I would think that they would be useful. But maybe not as useful as other units? Especially as you get only a very small unit?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

60 bases? 8|
Well high morale is good for staying on the table. But it won't protect the unit from being pushed back across the table by loosing asault after assault. :D

I have skimmed a thread about Plastuny in the polish section (using Google Translator, very bad...). They don't seem to be favoured very much. Why is this so?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Chorąży/Ensign
Awatar użytkownika

Essaul has a small disadventage over +1 command value for a leader. One less motivation (no idea how it is is aemglish version called) point.

Skirmishers/plastuny - those models are rather new so maby that is why?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

MiSiO pisze:
I did see a regiment of 60 bases with preists being wipped out by 5 husaria bases in 2-3 turns.

They were lucky!

As for tactics to use with Cossacks the best way to learn is by playing with them!

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Now I may well have got it wrong. I seem to find a rule I have miss understood every time I play.

I have found the rabble a tough nut to crack.

I believed the fact they have to deploy deep was a weakness, but have found their narrow front makes it hard to get the numbers in to off set the 'out numbered' part of combat resolution. Ie the first two or three wounds are just discounted by their numbers at combat resolution. My units just seemed to bounce me off.

Now I have learnt their depth gives a nice juicy flank which I need to take advantage. Just charging a unit of cav at them is unlikely to see them run.

I would be interested to hear others views.

Pip

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

I have just to find a good solution how to play Cossacks. Last game i used two Wagon Trains with 2 Wagons each and between them 4 bases of Registered Moloitsy (so a H-shaped formation). They didn't do much except shooting at long range and doing a point of damage per turn at most. My opponent just ignored them and concentrated on routing my Moloitsy which i positioned at the flanks.

It seems i have to deploy my forces much tighter for mutual support?

How do you deploy your Moloitsy? Is it always worth to deploy the musket armed ones in Open Order?

What are you tactics with Cossacks?

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Chorąży/Ensign
Awatar użytkownika

If it's possible, I always try to deploy them in woods, villages or on hills. If so I give them defense as starting order and move 2cm or 4cm when necessary.

Wagons are perfect to secure your flanks, even with move order. You can't go wrong with 'H' formation. :D

'H' formation is particularly effective if You have to take and defend a bridge or a village. ;)

BlackLegion pisze:
Is it always worth to deploy the musket armed ones in Open Order?

Not at all. Personally I feel much more confident with close order. No poor discipline and no disorganization if they fail skill check when charged.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Daw pisze:
If it's possible, I always try to deploy them in woods, villages or on hills. If so I give them defense as starting order and move 2cm or 4cm when necessary.

Don't seem to be a good tactic in the Patrol mission?

BlackLegion pisze:
Is it always worth to deploy the musket armed ones in Open Order?

Daw pisze:
Not at all. Personally I feel much more confident with close order. No poor discipline and no disorganization if they fail skill check when charged.

But then you have to use a Special or Movement Manoeuvre to move the musket armed Cossacks in the back row. Which also means that they shoot with only 1 die instead of 2.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Chorąży/Ensign
Awatar użytkownika

Patrol scenario is a (...). Needless to say. But, use your dragoons or scouts to take the furtherest objective. 'H' formation is the way to take the middle one. I set up woods on the closest objective. In that woods I deploy my infantry to bravely defend their land. ;) I try to set up as many woods on the board as possible to make harder for my opponent's cavalry to charge.
Sometimes it works, sometimes does not. I don't claim it is the one and only solution. It is just the way I play iconKOZ .

When it comes to Moloisty, I deploy spears in the first row in close order when I play against aggressive opponent like iconTUR or iconRON. Yes, shooting is less effective but they fight better. As long as I have my wagons to back me up with their cannons it is worth a shot. :P

Ostatnio zmieniony wt lut 10, 2015 4:23 pm przez Kadrinazi, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz
Mind the language please - K.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Well today we played Attack on the Village for the first time. My opponent played Poles with 15FSP and i Cossacks with 9FSP. I put a 4 base string Registered Moloitsy unit in the village, the other effects where: 2 x Delay, Choice of Battlefield (moved a wood adjacent to the village) and Unexpected Reinforcements.
I had: Commander with 4 Command Points, 4 bases Registered Moloitsy (in the village), 8 Bases Moloitsy, 2 bases Skirmishers, 3 bases Mounted Cossacks and 4 War Wagons.
My opponent had a maxed out list with Walachians and 6 bases Volunteers in one big unit.

Well the battled run it's usual way. The delayed units did nothing the whole game.
In turn 1 the Registered Moloitsy where attacked by Elite Cossacks and Cossack Style cavalry. 1 base Registered Moloitsy survived and ran away with no loses for my opponent. End of turn 1 his Dragoons popped up in Ambush behind the village and in turn 2 occupied it.
My wagon Train slowly sneaked into the village and arriving there in turn 3 which forced the Wagons in Open Order which was quite boon as this enhanced their mobility.
His Pancerni did a Flank Manoeuvre wiped out my Skirmishers and killed 2 bases of Mounted Cossacks.
The Skirmishers arrived as Unexpected Reserves.
The volunteers did nothing but lingering in front of the Wagon Train. But in turn 5 they shot my Commander :(
Every casualty i inflicted (mostly due to shooting) my opponent rolled away with Regrouping.

In the whole game i killed only one base of Cossack Style Cavalry due to shooting from my Moloitsy in Turn 5 which caused them to flee but they regrouped in Turn 6.
I lost my Commander, the unit Skirmishers and one base of them again (the Pancerni shot at the reappeared unit in Turn 6 and caused 3 wounds...) and 2 bases of Mounted Cossacks and thus lost the game with 2:8.

My opponent used his usual tactic: Running circles around my force staying out of 20cm (or 25cm of the Handgun armed Wagons) taking potshots at my units. Only his deathstar units (Pancerni, Elite Cossack Style Cavalry, with spears, shields, etc) engaging in close combat with overwhelming force destroying everything in their path. The Wagons he just ignored. With hitting on 3 or 2 (Open Order, sometimes Move Order or shooting from Horseback) with re-rolls due to range i just can't hit anything and in Close Combat i get overrun. Frustrating.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 51 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]