Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest wt lis 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 4 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Help for a New Member
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Hi Everyone,

I was in Poland for family research and Euro Cup and stopped into a shop on Wilcza Street in Warsaw to buy a "hussar" for my son. We are reading Fire and Sword and he is very interested in this era (10 years old).

We will buy the English rules when they appear. In the meantime, he wants to start building an army based on Wisnowiecki's army as portrayed in the novel.

Can people confirm how many stands of the following troop types we should be prepared to buy/paint up?

Wallachians Pulk
Tartars Pulk
Dragoon Pulk
Pancerni Pulk
Cossack (lt horse) Pulk
Husar Pulk
German Infantry Pulk
Artillery Group

Will this give us (along with a command stand) enough for a skirmish army for Poland?

Thanks for your help. Based on your response, we'll start ordering lead!

Cheers

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: Help for a New Member
Fältherren
Awatar użytkownika

Hi
Wallachians and Tatars are not field in pułks, they're field in banners (chorągwie) [each 2-3 bases] that are part of Crown/Lithuanian cavalry pułks. Same goes with husaria, pancerni and cossack style cavalry - You field them as banners that are part of pułks, so each pułk is mix of different banners.
Regiment of dragoons - minimum 8 bases + 1 base of command, maximum 3 bases of command + 24 bases of dragoons
German type infantry - minimum 1 base of command and 8 bases of shot (+4 bases of pikemen if You want to field them as pike and shot regiment).
Artillery is set up as regimental cannons (1-2 per regiment of foot) or field artillery (0-5 cannons)

In regards to skirmish game it really depends if You want to field Crown (Polish) or Lithuanian group, also from which period. My suggestions - buy one-two boxes of cossacks, one box of cossacks with rohatyna lances, one box of pancerni (for Crown) or petyhorcy (for Lithuania), one box of light horse (either Wallachians or Tatars). Each box will give You two banners with three bases each OR three banners with two bases each. Add blister with command and voila, that's Your good skirmish group and also base for solid pułk on division level. Optionally You can consider box of dragoons or reiters, which give You some option to replace above cavalry on skirmish level and build base for regiments of dragoons and reiter for division.

Hope that may help :)

If You need any more help please write here or on private message.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

That is super. Thanks. I sent an email just know to the English email address with a question about Wallachian painting guides. I have a pack, can't find anything on the web, and am alreading dropping the miniatures to a painter here in Edmonton (Canada) to start paining. Is there a picture from the book that you can send to help him paint? I know the English version of the rulebook is coming, but it sounds like it will be in the autumn (October)! My son - and now myself - are quite excited.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Fältherren
Awatar użytkownika

Truth to be told it's hard to find good pictures of Wallachians. There are few modern picts You can try:
http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2 ... iancav.jpg
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.ph ... reid=49865
In general Wallachians would be in colours like grey, red and blue. Nothing special :)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 4 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]