Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest wt lis 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 14 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Re: Painting Imperials ...
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower
Awatar użytkownika

The Imperials will let the Peasants and Cossacks beat up on each other. And in the meantime be preparing to fight off the invading Swedes, of course.

- - -

Last year, I painted up 24 Muskeeters and 12 Pikemen, all 28mm Imperials by Warlord, which gives me enough for 8 bases and 4 bases respectively (using 60mm x 30mm). The Muskeeters followed the idea provided above in having a mix of colors for their uniforms with mostly different browns and grays, some red, and a couple of green and yellow each. With the Pikemen, I gave them all red jackets to give them a bit more uniformed look, yet varied the color of their pants a bit.

The all cavalry skirmish list had been shown previously, but it was good to see the "Outpost" skirmish list, along with the infantry regiments in the Deluge supplement. Before there was knowledge of the creation of Imperial army list for BFaS, these were intended for use as a Foreign Contingent Infantry Regiment under the Polish army lists, yet it's good to have them available for either, and more will be added.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Thanks for the information guys. I'm starting on an Imperial Skirmish force myself right now and am working through the color schemes. I've done two bases of Dragoons in a nearly random assortment of colors.

I'll try to pick some more consistent colors for the Curiassiers coming up next on my painting table. I'm reasoning that the more veteran and well equipped cavalry units are more likely to have consistent colors in their equipment.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Mind that after the 1660s or so the HRE started to adopt white for the uniform colours of their army. Main reason is because it is undyed = cheap :-)

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Brigandige pisze:
I'm reasoning that the more veteran and well equipped cavalry units are more likely to have consistent colors in their equipment.

Actually I'd say the opposite is just as likely. Veteran units who had been fighting long would have had difficulties with supplies, and as Kadrinazi have said, cavalrymen were often of high social standing and tended to wear whatever they liked. It seems to me infantrymen recruited with nothing more than the shirt off their backs would be more likely to get standardized uniforms from their inhaber.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 14 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]