Dzisiaj jest pt lip 21, 2017 12:45 am

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 3 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Buildings in Tournaments
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower
Awatar użytkownika

Hey all,

I run tournaments at a store in Florida, and we've noticed that buildings give a huuuuge advantage to infantry armies. Many of our players feel like buildings aren't well balanced for tournament play, especially the take the village scenario. What would y'all recommend? Do y'all modify the building rules to bring them into line, or is this not a problem for most TOs?

Link to the Facebook Group for store I work and play at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CHG.ByFireandSword/

Tytuł: Re: Buildings in Tournaments
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

I regularly field Tartars who are entirely cavalry, not even an option for Dragoons, so usually feel a sense of dread with the village scenarios, but I actually hit a decisive win a few weeks ago (rare for me at the best of times), playing against a mixed HRE force. I think it was partly down to luck and bad moves by my opponent, but the scouting bonus that I held was considerable. So the villages are not impossible.
Besides, it depends who gets choice of scenario, and how you deploy will impact on how it runs, and the villages usually only have a 20% chance of turning up.
The forage scenario can look to favour infantry defending, but can be lethal if you only have one commander.
The rivers can be dangerous for any force that cannot swim - the bridge and ford turn into lethal bottlenecks.
But that's part of the fun of the system.
Not sure about the night attack, it's rarely been a possible choice, so I've only played it a couple of times and that was by choice (once attacking, once defending).

Tytuł: Re: Buildings in Tournaments
Namiestnik

Buildings are real pain it the arse.
You need to have a lot of troops with high skill per each building, so you can hit something inside and make outnumber bonus to mitigate their defensive bonus.

Another way, if your enemy is not already in every building you can deny them access by manning them yourself or by having your units in 2cm.

Chcesz sprzedać/kupić od/wymienić figurki z bartomeuszem, to weź pod uwagę, że jest osobą, która wycofuje się z własnych ustaleń i w efekcie z handlu nici.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 3 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]