Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest ndz lip 22, 2018 3:21 am

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 182 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Re: The 4th Tournament for the Baton of King Jan III Sobiesk
Pachołek/Camp servant
Awatar użytkownika

I can only agree with Hrothgar, had a blast of a time. And ending as 10th was a result I didn't see coming, awesome.

Was a pleasure meeting you all, the foreign delegation, the wargamer crew, the poles (not neccessarily in this order). Thanks!

Cheers,
Zagin

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Home at 20, head buzzing with new ideas to armybuilding.
Tourney was a blast and the company met there even more so.
Very nice games and opponents both in victory and defeat.

Thank You.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Sounded like a blast for all as expected. TAT dominated! What's up with that? How?

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Namiestnik

Tatars are one of the most powerfull armies - that's a fact.
Look at the list of players who had choose this army to play (I know that You don't know them).
Any player with good score at tournament choses good, strong and very playable army (including myself).
The second is Ottoman and Polish/Lithuan armies, but they seems to be less universal than Tatars.
All the players I'm talking about are elites of this game - belive me, none of the weak or inexperienced players hasn't placed in first 10% of the final score list no matter what armies the player chooses.

Ostatnio zmieniony wt kwie 05, 2016 7:17 am przez Gajowy, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Gajowy pisze:
Tatars are one of the most powerfull armies - that's a fact.
Look at the list who had choosen this army to play (I know that You don't know them).
Any player with good score at tournament choses good, strong and very playable army (including myself).
The second is Ottoman and Polish/Lithuan armies, but they seems to be less univesal than Tatars.
All the players I'm talking about are elites of this game - belive me, none of the weak or inexperienced players hasn't placed in first 10% of the final score list no matter what armies the player chooses.

Thank you. I have little exposure to the great Khanate but when I have used them a few times I liked them but found them vulnerable to mounted armies capable of decent to good shooting (firearms). They seem to require the better players to be that dominant.

I hope to attend the championships in the near future and learn from the best...and have a ton of fun. :D

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Well what can I say? I just arrived home still with my head full of this experience. A whole weekend talking only Polish and English and I started to think in these languages. I still struggle to find back to German :D This weekend, the tournament, the city, the country and of all: the people! It was a BLAST! Bomba! A BIG thank you to the team of iconWG for setting up this splendid event :D

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

It was indeed a wonderful experience (again)! :D Met up with old friends, made some new friends and had a great time! Although the end result was a bit dissapointing for myself, I learned a lot again and love the game even more. This wasn't possible with all of you guys! 8)

I want to thank iconWG and all players for this experience! See you next year (or any other time possible)! :D

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

I would like to thank all the Wargamer staff for organising another fantastic weekend and of course the beautiful weather! Also thanks to Piotr for organising the evening out on Friday and the museum trip on Monday, sorry we couldn't make it.

I had five excellent games against five very different armies and players but all played in a very sportsman like way which made for enjoyable games.

Again I realised that there are a lot of rules I don't understand and I learnt something every game, I just wish I would stop making silly mistakes!

There are a couple of things I would suggest could be changed next year but not many:-

Two hours isn't really long enough for a big army like 16pts of Cossacks so I would like to see an earlier start and 2.5 hour games. Certainly both games of Sunday could be 2.5 hours long.

The use of Special Figures should cost 1FSP or not be used at all.

Side tables are needed next to each games table to put books, models etc on. In one game I had two units delayed and because I put them under the table I forgot about them and didn't roll to bring them on!

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if any of you have any other suggestions please add them.

Once again thanks to everyone for making my weekend so enjoyable.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Chorąży/Ensign
Awatar użytkownika

Roland pisze:
Two hours isn't really long enough for a big army like 16pts of Cossacks so I would like to see an earlier start and 2.5 hour games. Certainly both games of Sunday could be 2.5 hours long.

I think that all games could be longer. (personally i think that this 1 hour break wasn't necessary)

Roland pisze:
Side tables are needed next to each games table to put books, models etc on. In one game I had two units delayed and because I put them under the table I forgot about them and didn't roll to bring them on!

Can't agree more, such space would be very convenient, but i think it was because lack of space

Roland pisze:

1FSP is way too much. Mor like 5? recoinasse points.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Komisarz królewski/Royal commissar
Awatar użytkownika

czarnokij pisze:
personally i think that this 1 hour break wasn't necessary
Young man, you forget that beside players in Tournament attended also judges. And from my point of view I wouldn't make this break shorter than 10 minutes - if any at all. With so many players it took +5/10 extra minutes to wait for some players and collect all Cards, than about 25-30 minutes to make notes, sort them, enter scorings and to make pairs. Then we had about 10 minutes spare time to go to a toilette or to give some extra clarifications (for Roland for example). And than was about ten minutes to make a lottery, give some announcements and declare pairings.
Also I wouldn't make battles longer than 2:15. In each battle first players start to give results after 1:30 (it's observation not only from Wilanów). I'm a slow pers... player X| and I rarely end my battles in tournament time (2-2:15). But I know it's my personal problem :) And that is why I'll probably never take 16 FSP iconKOZ skirmish force on tournamet - it's just rather to slow to play. Especially for me ;) Maybe I'll try with something up to 10. Some day.

Roland pisze:
Interesting remark, but it would be hard to manage, I think.

Roland pisze:
My personal opinion? If one player don't use them, the second shouldn't be allowed. Simple, clear and fair.

Just my 5 cents.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 182 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Następna

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]