Rules of "Spring battles on the border" – Borderlands 2016 , Jacksonville, FL, 12/03/16
We would like to invite you to take part in "By Fire and Sword" tournament in Jacksonville, FL on the 12/03/16
Date: Saturday, 12th of March 2016
Borderlands Comics and Games
10230 Atlantic Blvd., Suite 11
Jacksonville, FL 32225
Limit of participants: 12 persons
entry fee: 5$
Send your entries to the following email address: email@example.com
please enter "BFaS - Jacksonville 2016 Your Name
" in the title of e-mail.
Information about your participation should be also posted in this thread along with the nation you will play;
The entry should include:
- Name and surname of the player
- City / State
- Chosen faction
- up to 3 Skirmish lists (see Army Composition)
The entries should be sent only in the form of the PLAYER’S CARD. You can download them here:http://www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/ind ... yers-sheet
This information should be sent no later than on the 10th of March.
Players not pre-registered may still play in tournament if we have any places available. However, they may use only one army list with its modification for playing against small skirmish forces. Army list will be checked before the tournament.
II. PLAN OF THE TOURNAMENT
Players registration will take place just before the tournament (12:30 pm) and then we will announce pairs for the first battle.
The tournament includes 3 battles. Time frame of the tournament wil be announced soon
We'll start at 1 pm
III. General Rules:
1. Games will be played at the Skirmish Level using the materials from “By Fire and Sword” main rulebook, “The Deluge” and "Armies of By Fire and Sword" supplements, FAQ and Errata.
2. Limited ammunition rule and all optional rules (excluding: Choosing an effects, Average Rolls and Group Orders) will be used, unless both players decide otherwise.
3. Points limit when fighting against a Small Skirmish Force is 7 FSP.
4. “Scenarios” chapter from “The Deluge” supplement shall be used, excluding ‘The Convoy’ scenario;
5. In the first battle the pairs shall be drawn so that armies of the same nations do not fight against each other (if possible). In the following battles players will be paired according to points scored, trying to avoid that armies of the same nations will fight against each other.
IV. Army Composition:
1. Army lists published in the By Fire and Sword main rulebook, “The Deluge” supplement and at the BFaS website can be used in the tournament, excluding forces with the Convoy Special Rule.
2. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Swedish army lists from the main rulebook are replaced in whole by the lists from “The Deluge” supplement. Revised rulebook already contains amended army lists except of few army lists specific for „The Deluge” (Eric Jonnson's recon group, Marauder Band, Polish partisans and Oskierko's Volunteers);
3. Each player must have one list with 7 or less FSP to be able to use it against Small Skirmish Forces.
4. A Small Skirmish Force is a force with an appropriate Special Rule or with 4 or less FSP;
5. In every battle you may use a different version of the Skirmish Force list of the nation of your choice. The version is chosen after you get to know what nation you will be facing.
6. The players are obliged to have readable Skirmish Force lists with:
a) Force Strength Points of the whole Skirmish Force
b) Force Cohesion
c) Reconnaissance Points
In order to make it easier for referees to check the lists each Skirmish Force should be described with a name, level used and additional operations such as: adding bases, exchange of units etc.
7. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth army will be divided into Polish, Lithuanian and Danzig armies.
8. In addition to their army the players should also bring as many field fortifications models as may be necessary for them. If a player does not have such fortifications they may not use them in a game.
V. Appearance of the Army:
1. Armies must be completely painted and have their bases finished.
2. WYSIWYG rule is in force. Shields and arquebuses are excluded from the WYSIWYG rule (in case of cavalry). This equipment is barely visible so it will not cause confusion.
3. A complete ban on proxies is in force – that is using a model of one formation as a model of another formation.
4. Only Wargamer figures can be used. This does not apply to terrain elements, obstacles and field fortifications.
5. Conversions are allowed. You need to notify the head referee about them in advance and he will decide whether to allow them on the tournament.
Players score Small Points in a battle according to the level of victory. The player that lost receives 0 SP, and the winner gets the difference between the points he scored and the points scored by the opponent.
Large Points are granted for the level of victory or defeat:
0 – Historical defeat
1 – Strategic defeat
2 – Tactical defeat
3 - Draw
4 – Tactical victory
5 - Strategic victory
6 – Historical victory
1. The classification is made according to Large Points.
2. If several players have the same number of Large Points the classification is decided by Small Points.
- If there is still a tie the classification is decided by the result of a direct game between those players (number of Small Points in this game).
- If there is still a tie the classification is decided by the number of Historical Victories.
- If there is still a tie the classification is decided by the number of Strategic Victories.
- If there is still a tie the classification is decided by the number of Tactical Victories.
- If there is still a tie the classification is decided by fate (we will draw the winner for example by a throw of a coin – the winner gets the higher place and the looser gets the Wargamer ducat that was thrown).
For all players Wargamer Ducats (according official tournament rules) exchangeable for promo miniatures, t-shirts and other gadgets and some surprises :-)
more will be announced soon
Prize catalog available here:Ducats’ catalogue (pdf format)