Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
Dzisiaj jest czw gru 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 6 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: UK League Game Reports
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

First two games have now been played and reports filed, have a look at viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=71&t=6745&start=40

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
 Tytuł: Re: UK League Game Reports

Game 1: Tatars (Amaz_Ed) vs Prussians (Pugh1)

Both forces were 9 FSP. The Tatars were taken from the Elite Tatar list in The Deluge and were basically the unmodified 9 point list, but all warriors were armed with spear and shield as well as bow. The Prussians were a maxed out list.

As we had equal points the scenario was Delay the Enemy, with the Prussians defending as they had the fewer cavalry bases.

I must apologize for not remembering to take many photographs, so the ones posted below only show two stages in the battle, but it wasn't a complicated battle to understand.

Simon decided that he had no chance of holding the hill nearest to the Tatar deployment area and so abandoned it to deploy across a line including the other hill and a grove on his side of the table. The Tatars, having substantially out scouted the Prussians, used two forced marches to immediately apply pressure. Squadrons of 6 bases of warriors charged immediately at the units either side of the hill and routed them both. A unit of 4 bases of reiters fled the table and two bases of a four base unit of musketeers followed closely behind.

Obrazek

Obrazek

As you can see, this left the musketeers on the hill, as well as the commander, in a very difficult situation with Tatar warriors on either flank. Simon chose to go first in the next turn in order to reorganize the musketeers so that they could no longer be seen by the Tatar warriors on his right flank and was facing the other warriors to avoid being flanked. The Tatars charged and the musketeers managed to hold them in the first round of combat, but in the second they were routed and subsequently massacred. The commander tried to make his escape to the colonies (study the photograph below ;) ), but was caught and murdered.

Obrazek

On the other flank the Tatars charged the remaining squadron of Prussian Reiters and swept them from the field.

Obrazek

During turn four 9 bases of Tatar warriors left the table. Both hills had been captured and the remaining Prussians (4 bases of dragoons) decided to sneak off into the woods. Prussians suffered more than 75% losses and lost both commanders.

Small points = 14-0.
Tatar historic victory.

I have to thank Simon for a very pleasant day and am looking forward to our training session next week!

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

I enjoyed it too thanks for the game Paul really enjoyed it!
Cheers Simon

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Thanks for the report but OUCH! Sounds like the Prussians left their weapons at camp! :(

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

Odpowiedz z cytatem  

Pretty much. Simon's dice were pretty poor and I probably made more than my fair share of saves, though I only scored three hits with the first 20 attack dice I threw!

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Awatar użytkownika

Great report! Thanks Paul. I knew that it would be a hard game for Simon, but 14-0!? :) Bloody Tatars! ;) Congrats to Paul. Looks like after first round we have the leader!

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 6 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]