Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: BFaS ducats' catalogue
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 pm 
Fältherren

We would like to introduce – for the first time in English – our BFaS ducats’ catalogue. You can find there special models, collectors’ edition and gadgets like T-shirts and mugs. All items are available only as part of ducats’ exchange programme, details of which are also explained in pdf. Further information about virtual ducats will be published in future on our forum and website.

Ducats’ catalogue (pdf format)

We hope You’ll find there some interesting items.

By Fire and Sword team

Post subject: Re: BFaS ducats' catalogue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 am 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

What a shame I gave all my Ducat's away in Poland!

Damned Tatars! Why can't they stand and fight like men!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm 
Fältherren

We’re pleased to announce new setting available on BFaS forum. We’ve introduced mode allowing allocation of our promotional currency – ducats – in e-version. We hope that it will help all those players that don’t have Wargamer shop nearby to exchange ducats into rewards. E-ducats are equivalent of our original metal ones, which of course still are valid.

Whole idea of ducats and ways that players can obtain them are available on our website:
http://www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/ind ... &Itemid=78

You can check number of available ducats by looking into Your profile, e-ducats can be seen under date of birth.

Each time number of e-ducats change You will receive email with information into email address registered with Your profile on forum

By Fire and Sword team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:16 pm 

Kadrinazi wrote:
We’re pleased to announce new setting available on BFaS forum. We’ve introduced mode allowing allocation of our promotional currency – ducats – in e-version. We hope that it will help all those players that don’t have Wargamer shop nearby to exchange ducats into rewards. E-ducats are equivalent of our original metal ones, which of course still are valid.

Whole idea of ducats and ways that players can obtain them are available on our website:
http://www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/ind ... &Itemid=78

You can check number of available ducats by looking into Your profile, e-ducats can be seen under date of birth.

Each time number of e-ducats change You will receive email with information into email address registered with Your profile on forum

By Fire and Sword team

So, having won the Historicon tournament with 16 players, am I eligible for ducats?

Frank

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:02 pm 
Sekretarz królewski/Royal secretary

Exactly - I will fix it next week.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:16 pm 

Awesome! Thank you.

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:58 pm 

Wow. That's a nice system. I hope to get that Danish standard bearer one day!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 am 

Hi well I would like to make a few comments on your policy of the special figures and the Ducat system. Which I hate just to set the tone!!!

I was first made aware of your rules when I found some information on them on line. My first thought was great here are a bunch of Polish gamers doing some research in a period and part of the world that has been under served by the English speaking wargame world. I was lucky enough to hook up with Alexander in Lund Sweden and got to play a game, he was also nice enough to contact you when word started to circulate that an English version of your rules was in the works. You guys where great enough to send me thru Alexander a stripped down English version of the rules in pdf format. Well I was sold.

When your English rules where released I picked them up at Tactcon in Hamburg and 10 packs of cavalry, Polish and Ottoman. Now I had a large Ottoman army from the 80s so I was just filling in holes but the Polish army of the period is something I have always wanted to do. I was disappointed in the figures they where average quality 15mm figures, however, the new take on the Eastern Armies made them worth getting (by the way your sculpting has improved a lot and now your figures are among the best in 15mm out there).

Now I am your typical wargamer who has been gaming for over thirty years, so lots of experience lots of existing rules and figures and at my age my disposable income I can use on the hobby is a good size.

So fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and the run up to Tacicon in Hamburg. I pre-ordered 350 Euros worth of Cossacks and start looking at your web site and forums again. I know I am going to also get the Deluge book and a bunch of officers and other stuff. In my email communication with you guys I am told that I will get some special figures. Now I like special figures as I love making command stands unique and putting unique figures in random units as eye candy.

I get to Hamburg and get right to your booth where Michal Molenda has my goodies and he helps me pick up another 150 Euros worth of figures including the Deluge book.

Well here is where the problem starts, the special figures!!!!!

I don’t play tournaments, have not done so since the 1970s and that was WRG ancients, I don’t go to lots of cons but and this is the big but I buy lots of figures. Michal was great he gave me a handful of the special figures and I was some what satisfied but still outraged as a consumer.

Now it gets worse, now I am sitting in my hotel room going thru my goodies and looking at the Deluge and the Army books. Great love those special characters that have profiles and photos of the figures in the book. Sunday I go straight to Michal and ask him how can I get those figures. OPPs only kickstarter backers. Great so here I buy 500 Euros worth in on day and am told sorry your are too late and did not take part in the kick starter campaign. I am sure there where a lot of Kickstarter contributors that put in less than the 500 Euros that I spent on the game!!!!

So what is the purpose of the special figures. I am sure that no one looks at the figures and say well I am going to paint up an Army and head to Warsaw so I can get a special figure, or gee I am going to back a Kickstarter campaign so I can get a couple of unique figures that no one else can get!!! I am sure there is not one gamer that thinks that, so what is the purpose!!!!!

The effect on people like me is just to piss me off. I love the unique figures and I love to add them to various units at random and command figures.

Now on top of buying the English version of the rules as soon as it was published and 10 packs of cavalry so around 250 Euros, and then at Tacticon another 500 Euros I am not considered a good enough supporter. But wait it is worse I have gotten two of our 30 member gaming club to buy in each bought 150 Euros worth of figures and I can guarantee that they will buy more and at least two other club members will buy in. But nope not special enough to get those “special figure”

So ok keep them as a “reward” but do it as an incentive to order directly from you. So you get x number of ducats for buying x Euros worth of figures, I find that still offensive I want just to be able to buy all those great figures, for example I would want at least 6 of those messengers as I already have some ideas about scenarios. But no I am not a good enough supporter.

Come on guys change the stupid ducat system make it more “democratic” you have lots of supporters from guys like me who will buy hundreds of Euros worth of figures to some who love your game but can not get to tournaments or cons and might not have a large budget to buy figures. We are all supporters but you are making us feel that we are not as valuable. And for gods sakes you have the figures pictures and stats in the Deluge book and I cannot get them. Get real you are probably pissing off more people than you think.

William Keyser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:04 am 

Well i have no problems with this system. If i want to play a special list with a special commander i just tell my opponent that commander here is the special commander.
It is another case for official tourneys because there proxies aren't allowed. But if you play in an official tourney you get dukats which you can use to buy special figures anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:36 pm 
Namiestnik

I think, the point is not that you cannot play with certain army list but rather you cannot get those miniatures with your regular order no matter how much you have spent. And if you just want to have your collection full with all those little features that were there I guess it is really pain in the neck.
I am not sure if I am right, but GamesWorkshop used to release GamesDay miniatures, that were available on certain events only.
Hawk Wargames also have special minis you can get only by showing up on their events.
At the end of the day you can try to get some of those miniatures from other people if you were not lucky to get them at that time.

@Wkeyser: I have accumulated some ducats and I do not really care about special models, so feel free to pm me for any special model you would like to have. If i can get them I will send them to you.

Chcesz sprzedać/kupić od/wymienić figurki z bartomeuszem, to weź pod uwagę, że jest osobą, która wycofuje się z własnych ustaleń i w efekcie z handlu nici.