Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pistol's in CC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 pm 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Well we just started playing and so far we have tried the roll for ammo option and have changed it some what in that the roll is one better so instead of 8-10 out of ammo roll we use 9-10 the first time you are low on ammo and next time you roll 9-10 you are out of ammo.

I guess the biggest reason is that to us it just does not make much historical sense in that most of the smaller battle settings we have been using. It was rare that units ran out of ammo. Another reason is that (now this is just an early impression) the rules really favour melee. It seems that the gun powder revolution that is occruing with the introduction of so many shot troops on the battle field is not really reflected in the game. That is not to say we are not having fun with the game and we really like it. So far three at the club are buying armies like crazy so I am sure that we will evolve as we play. However, we are very prone to changing rules as we see fit based on our take of the period.

As we play more I am sure we will change our minds on lots of things. Right now we are using the Perfect Captains Battlefinder system to create a mini campaign. I might write some thing up once we fine tune it to the war in the "East"

William

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:21 pm 
Pocztowy/Retainer

Fair enough. A couple of thoughts on counting ammunition.
In skirmish games, normal units firing once per turn will not run out of ammo. Standard ammo is 6, with 6 game turns dragoons, musketeers, etc. don't run out. In practice when playing, I don't bother tracking this.

Units with scarce ammunition can run out of ammo (4 ammo units), which is appropriate.

Units which burn through ammo faster than normal (artillery firing 2x per turn, units using pistols in combat) can also run out of ammo. This makes it a tactical choice of when to use ammo and when to hold back. (ex. should that reiter unit fire its arquebuses or hold on to the ammo for combat). It gives reiters an added dimension of being "fresh" or "spent".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:56 pm 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

As i read the additional ammunition rules says, that i must use pistols in cc.

So i don't know... winged hussars will be bad, wenn i must use pistols instead of lances ?
Or can i use lances and pistols in cc at the same time ?

If yes, where can i find this in the rules?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:41 pm 
Namiestnik

You can use both. 1 base represents 3 rows of soldiers, the ones in the first were using lances, then guys fron second and subsequent ranks were using pistols. It was explained by Kadrinazi, and there's no rule preventing you from using both.