Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Offical Answers to Rules Questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:25 am 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Rules say that a unit cannot go within 2cm of an enemy unit unless it is charging. Other than that I would say that anyone trying to use the rules to enter a building that is beyond enemy troops without first fighting them shouldn't bother coming to play at my house. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm 

If they could get to the house without going within 2cm of the enemy unit and without moving more than 10cm then maybe but it would be very difficult.

Damned Tatars! Why can't they stand and fight like men!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:21 pm 

I have a new question, or at least one I haven't seen the answer for.
In the Muscovite skirmish box, if you compare it to the Muscovite skirmish lists.... it confused me.

I am not figuring out the 5FSP organization... I assume it uses the 1648-76 list....

For example... you get 2 border dragoon companies.... is a company 9 figures or 18 figures.... in the diagram... there are 2 "units" of 9 figures in the first row (2FSP)... is that one company and you get 2 of them?

Then... you get 18 servant Cossack sotnias... I get that... the cannon I get...
But then you have the mounted 18 servant sotnias.....

So, in the skirmish box set the mounted sotnias are really not "options" for mounted vs dismounted, but rather.. if you want the to maximize your FSP with the skirmish box set you would field the following:

Golova
2FSP: 2border dragoon companies (2 units of 9 figures each) and 2 dismounted Servant sotnias (9 figures ea)
3FSP: 2 border dragoon companies (2 units of 9 figures each)
5FSP: 9 mounted servant sotnias
6FSP: 9 mounted servant sontias

+1 FSP for the cannon....
For a total of 7 FSP

Is this correct unit fielding to maximize troops and FSP with the Muscovite skirmish box set?

This doesn't include any upgrades except the cannon at +1FSP.

In the end, all of the figures in the box set get used except the option you do not choose at at a cost of 6FSP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:28 pm 
Sekretarz królewski/Royal secretary

Any of BFaS skirmish box set doesn't allow you to filed full skirmish force (excluding limited edition skirmish sets: Gosiewski's Foray, Alexander Potiomkin's Force, Turkish Garrison of Raszków which are complete forces). In most cases box it's just the base (first level) of the skirmish force plus one more level/additional unit.

Last edited by Witold Janik on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:02 pm 

My question then becomes this....
In the base force, you can field 2 border dragoon companies....

is this 9 figures (3 bases) per company or 18 figures (6 bases) per company?

If you can field the level one requirement (2FPS).. does 2 border dragoon companies equal 18 or 36 figures?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:16 pm 
Pachołek/Camp servant

The figures shown are one-on-one, so 18 figures. The description next to it is the description of what you get, so 2 companies of border dragoons. The last is important when deploying, since you place then one by one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am 

Hello,

we have some general problems to get the rule " beating the tatars..." straigt. In the first sentence it is said that you can spend 4 recce points for trying to choose terrain advantageous as described under point B of scenario preperation. Point B in the english rulebook is the comparison of FSP and on the index i cant find the term "terrain advantageous" anyway.

The onlything that could maybe fit would be the choise of terrain effect. So what did this rule exaclty do.

Second question is. The rule also gives me the opportunity to reroll missions, does this also coast 4 recce points and am i able to to both choose terrain advantegous for 4 points AND reroll mission dices?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:58 am 
Namiestnik

Winterwar wrote:
In the first sentence it is said that you can spend 4 recce points for trying to choose terrain advantageous as described under point B of scenario preperation. Point B in the english rulebook is the comparison of FSP and on the index i cant find the term "terrain advantageous" anyway.

The onlything that could maybe fit would be the choise of terrain effect. So what did this rule exaclty do.

Not sure of exact phrasing, but "trying to choose terrain advantageous" is a sort of fluff description. Actual rule only consists of ro-roll on scenario rolls

Chcesz sprzedać/kupić od/wymienić figurki z bartomeuszem, to weź pod uwagę, że jest osobą, która wycofuje się z własnych ustaleń i w efekcie z handlu nici.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11