Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Offical Answers to Rules Questions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 am 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Any chance the new official FAQ could be made available for download in PDF format? It is too much to cut and paste in order to print it out as it is on the forum, but it will be very useful to accompany the rule book.
Cheers
Ralph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:28 pm 
Fältherren

We decided to stick to 'forum only' version as it is much easier to update on regular basis. So no pdf version I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:22 pm 

Thank you for providing the FAQ thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:25 pm 

Thank you for the FAQ thread very handy and clears up a lot of things :D
But a suggestion: Please group the questions to the different chapters (Orders,Movement, Shooting, Close Combat, Army Lists, etc). Currently if i'm looking for a specific answer i have to search the complete text to find the answer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:37 am 
Sekretarz królewski/Royal secretary

Daniel, we will do it but I'm afraid not within next few days (we will also add a couple of questions)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:15 pm 

Well i guess this thread is intended to ask questions which perhaps later can be added to the FAQ? So i will ask some questions now:

1. If a unit with a Charge Order has only units visible which they can ignore according to the list at the bottom of p.17 in The Deluge, can it choose it's target freely?

2. A Countercharge can only be declared by a unit which is the target of a Charge or if it is positioned in the path of the charging unit. So if i have two units A an B exactly side by side and unit A is the target of a frontal Charge, unit B can't declare a Countercharge because it is neither the target of the Charge nor in the path of the charging unit?

3. Do roads require the Column formation in order to March on them? Or is all what they do provide as clear path through other terrain?

4. Elite Cavalry can use it's additional movement to bring bases further back in contact to the charged unit. Is Light Cavalry able to do the same?

5a. Can you declare both "Run behind the Pikemen" and "Hide among the Pikemen"? So if a gun is the target of the charge it hides among the pikemen, now the musketeers are the new target and they run behind the pikemen?

5b. With "Run behind the Pikemen" pikemen are obliged to follow the Move rules. So they can't be moved sideways as in the old rules in the rulebook anymore?

6. I guess if you have to roll 2 dice for the Robbers rule then you apply both results?

7. With the orders listed under "All Commanders may spend Command Points to issue the following orders" a Commander is allowed to issue this orders to units not from his own Regiment? As i understand it there is a difference between "Orders" (as Charge, Move, Defend) and "orders" (Man a Gun, Delay Shooting, etc).

8a. In Defend the Village i can place 2 bases of Infantry/Dragoons in the village or it's buildings without additional cost or more with additional cost. Does this mean that this 2 bases (or more) have to be a unit or do they detach from a unit and form a unit of it's own (in the same way as occupying a building during the game)?

8b. Is the unit in the Village counted toward who has the most units for determining who deploys first?

9. Night Attack mentions a "Rich Special Rule" which can be found in the Robbers Special Rule. But it isn't mentioned there.

10. In several places in the Allies section there is listed a Mercenary Cavalry Sereg. Is this a typo and Enlisted Cavalry Sereg is meant?

11. Some entries list how many Allied Regiments an army may select. But what about other armies where no restriction is stated? Can, for example, Cossacks select two Mirza's Chambuls or only one? Can Cossacks select a Mirza's Chambul AND a Szekely Sereg (or is a Szekely Cavalry Sereg meant?)?

12. If the Volunteers Regiment is used as a Skirmish force it has a fixed FSP cost of 2 and consists only of the Commander ### and 4 units of two bases of Volunteers each. Nothing more? Shouldn't it also have the Small Skirmish Force rule?.

13. Transylvanian Comitatus Sereg shows Gate Cavalry. Is this a typo and Chimney Cavalry is meant?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:22 pm 

Will you inform us when the official FAQ gets updated?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:36 pm 
Sekretarz królewski/Royal secretary

Yes, we will :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:52 am 

14. Came up today: Are crewed War Wagon only counted as two bases for Combat Resolution? What about Ambush and Flanking March?

15. Target priority: Registered Moloitsy are standing behind War Wagons. Are i'm forced to shot my muskets at the War Wagons unless i spend a Command Point?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:49 pm 
Namiestnik

I wasn't aware that it is allowed to send war wagons to bush or flanking maneuver

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next