Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Offical Answers to Rules Questions
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:40 pm 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

No. They where the nearest unit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:17 am 

16. I have a Unit of 8 bases of Infantry (Cossack Moloitsy) in a 4x2 Close Order formation with the Defence order (the spear armed Moloitsy are standing in the front row). 2 bases are standing on a Hill (behind each other), 2 bases are standing partially on the hill (behind each other)and the other 4 bases stay in the open. The Unit is attacked by Cavalry. The Cavalry touches the whole frontage of the Infantry Unit.
Question: Does the Infantry get the +2 Combat Resolution Modifier for being in Terrain granting an Advantage, or does it get only the modifier if all 8 bases where standing on the hill?
Only the Cavalry bases touching the Infantry bases on the hill will get a -2 Skill modifier, correct? Or if they are touching two bases (one on the hill, the other not on the hill) can they choose to attack only the base which is not on the hill and don't receive the -2 Skill modifier?
As the unit has spears and also has the Defence order and is in Close Order the attacking Cavalry won't get the Impetus modifier. But what if the unit didn't has spears? Is the Impetus modifier still lost because some Cavalry bases are attacking uphill?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:41 am 

BlackLegion wrote:
14. Came up today: Are crewed War Wagon only counted as two bases for Combat Resolution? What about Ambush and Flanking March?

For an Ambush and Flanking March each wagon count as one base. Double counting is only for combat resolution.

BlackLegion wrote:
15. Target priority: Registered Moloitsy are standing behind War Wagons. Are i'm forced to shot my muskets at the War Wagons unless i spend a Command Point?

Yes You have to, becouse wagons are also a unit. You can ignore them while charging but not while shooting.

BlackLegion wrote:
16. I have a Unit of 8 bases of Infantry (Cossack Moloitsy) in a 4x2 Close Order formation with the Defence order (the spear armed Moloitsy are standing in the front row). 2 bases are standing on a Hill (behind each other), 2 bases are standing partially on the hill (behind each other)and the other 4 bases stay in the open. The Unit is attacked by Cavalry. The Cavalry touches the whole frontage of the Infantry Unit.
Question: Does the Infantry get the +2 Combat Resolution Modifier for being in Terrain granting an Advantage, or does it get only the modifier if all 8 bases where standing on the hill?
Only the Cavalry bases touching the Infantry bases on the hill will get a -2 Skill modifier, correct? Or if they are touching two bases (one on the hill, the other not on the hill) can they choose to attack only the base which is not on the hill and don't receive the -2 Skill modifier?
As the unit has spears and also has the Defence order and is in Close Order the attacking Cavalry won't get the Impetus modifier. But what if the unit didn't has spears? Is the Impetus modifier still lost because some Cavalry bases are attacking uphill?

Your unit Will not get any bonus. If base is partially in terrain Your opponnet can choose is it in terrain or not during the combat. Whole unit have to be in gaining advantage terrain to receive bonus. Also cavalry will not get impetus, becouse all bases of charging cavalry must have clear charge to receive impetus bonus. If at least one base of charging unit don't have impetus bonus than whole unit don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm 

Very good to know! :)

17. Moloitsy Sotnias aren't independent Units and have to form Rotas of 6 to 12 bases. Do i have to combine whole Sotnias or do i pool all Moloitsy bases in the regiment together and form Rotas of 6-12 bases out of this pool?
For example: Ihave the basde of a Cossack Pulk: 2 x Sotnia of 4 bases each and 1 x Sotnia of 2 bases.
Then i purchase the next step which gives mit 2 x Sotnias with 2 bases each.
This are 14 bases in total. Can i form 2 Rotas with 7 bases each out of them? Or am i forced to form a Rota with 6 bases and a Rota with 8 bases out of them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 pm 
Fältherren

You cannot divide Sotnias into two different Rotas, so in Your example it would have to be Rota of 8 and Rota of 6.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:23 pm 

iconTAT

Dobryy den'

I am new into the game so i hope my question is not silly or stuff.

For as far as i known tartar units have to make a moral check as soon as they come under fire by black powder weapons.
Does this only affect when the unit is hit by the enemy or is it enough to just open fire on them with black powder, even
when youre not hitting anyone?

greetings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:51 pm 
Fältherren

Rule states 'any loss will suffice' which means they need to be hit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:53 pm 
Namiestnik

And it only applies for blackpowder weapons on effective range

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 pm 

18. Shooting Case Shot (Unit A) at an enemy unit (Unit B) which just made base contact with another friendly unit (Unit C) also seems a bit strange without running the risk of also inflicting wounds on the friendly unit (Unit C)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:43 pm 

is rifled barrels replaced with the new rule Rifled weapons, or are they two diffrent rules?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next