Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Offical Answers to Rules Questions
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 pm 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

New special rule from The Deluge replace old one.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:36 pm 

About changing from Column to Line formation and Marching: Is this the correct way?:

A unit of 3 bases of Cavalry (Move 20cm) with a Move Order is formed into a Column. It wants to March and then form a Line. So i add the March bonus (+10cm) and reduce the movement by -10cm (-5cm twice for performing the "Expansion of the Front" Movement Maneuver twice). So 20cm are remaining. So i move the unit 20cm forwards, and then place one base left and one base right of the first base. Correct?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:27 pm 
Pocztowy/Retainer

Yes. "A Unit may perform Maneuvers necessary to form a Column, and then Marsch, as well as March first and then use Maneuvers to spread out."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:27 pm 

If a unit is standing (for example) 1,5cm behind an obstacle (for example a wall) can it be charged? Bases are usually 2cm wide so there is no space to place them touching the defenders bases as there is only 1,5cm between the obstacle and the defender. And placing the attacker of the other side of the obstacle prevents base contact,.
How to solve this?
I had a similar situation yesterday. I had a unit of Moloitsy 3 rows deep attacking a unit over an obstacle (12 bases of Moloitsy against 3 bases of Disorganized Pancerni. Very tempting). I had enough space for two rows but the third rows didn't had enough space to be placed on the same side of the obstacle as the first two rows. I had enough movement to reach base contact with the target unit.
We just ruled that the Moloitsy are now Disorganized and just proceeded the close combat as usual. I won through sheer numbers :D But did we do it the right way?

And another one:
If a unit enters a building then has the complete unit to fit inside? Or can i split off a number of bases? For example: A unit of 12 bases of Moloitsy wants to enter a building with a capacity of 6 bases. First they have to be given a Defence Order so that they can perform Special Maneuvers. Then a Commander has top spent a Command Point. Can i now place up to 6 bases inside the building? Or am i not allowed to do this?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:29 pm 
Namiestnik

1. Yes you can attack enemy behind obstacle even if you can't physically contact your enemy. You spend maneuver for crossing the obstacle, and if you win the fight and chase enemy, your first line will cross obstacle without need to spend maneuver. I would say you weren't disorganized, you fight normally.
2. You can split your unit, you can even base the building with only 2 bases if you wish, but everytime you want to man the building you need to spend command point.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:51 pm 

Both situations aren't explicitly stated in the rulebook but for 2. it is hinted at as the buildings rules mention that bases who leave a building are an independent unit for the rest of the game.

BTW this is the situation before the charge

The Registered Cossacks around the left building are inside of the building. The white cavalry are the Disorganized Pancerni behind them Walachians.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:04 pm 
Namiestnik

Question 2: faq, question 37.
Question 1: you can perform 2 maneuvers in movement while charging. After your first base moves inside the village, whole unit turns to open order. Then four bases which were previously creating the second line of your unit cross the fence and you cannot perform another maneuver. If your bases in the front can reach the enemy now charge is successful and fight begins, but remember, that maximum gap betwwen bases of unit in open order is 2 cm. If your unable to reach enemy (because you don't have enough movement left or your bases would be more than 2cm away from each other), charge is failed and you need to take the skill test.
Situation with enemy standing 1cm away fron an obstacle was described - i think in old FAQ or errata.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:17 pm 

Thank you Duderson. Only that the inside of a Village isn't a build-up-area if you use the "Setting up the Battlefield together"-rule. It's open ground. Or am i mistaken? The text about size of the village and that it is a build-up-area is in a different paragraph than the text about setting the village up with buildings and a fence...

But thank you for the reminder that units with Skill 4 can only perform 2 maneuvers. So the 3rd row wouldn't be able to cross the obstacle anyway and the Moloitsy unit in the example wouldn't be able to reach its target, because the first two rows have to remain as close as possible to the last row which is stuck behind the fence...

Speaking of obstacles here is another one: If a scenario allows Field Fortifications i can use Portable Obstacles instead. Do i have to set up Portable Obstacles during the game or can i place them already set up during deployment the same as generic Field Fortifications?

If i have more Portable Obstacles then i want to use, can i discard the rest? For example in order to be able to quip a unit of Moloitsy of 8 bases with Kobylice i have tu purchase 8 elements. Now during the game i want to set them up and place 4 elements in front of the unit (assuming 2 rows of 4 bases). Now as the unit is still carrying Kobylice (even if only 4 elements) it still suffers from reduced shooting. Can i discard the remaining 4 elements of Kobylice to gain full effect of my shooting? Or do i have to place the remaining 4 elements before? In this example they would have to touch the four rear bases i guess?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:31 pm 
Namiestnik

Village counts as build-up-area both in "Defence of the village" and "Capture the village" scenarios even when you use "Setting up the battlefield together" rule.
You cannot set Kobylice during deployment or discard them, rulebook does not mention that. Yes, they will be touching rear bases.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:40 pm 

Good to know. Thank you for your answers :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next