Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Offical Answers to Rules Questions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:55 pm 
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

The way I understand it, an elite cavalry unit will always move as if in open order, UNLESS it choses to move in close order (meaning it needs to choose close order as it is assumed to be in open order at all times during movement), regardless of the movement phase it is moving in. So the -1 to hit modifier always applies unless choosing to move in close order. The same applies to the impetus modifier, it is +1 unless choosing to move in close order. On the table the bases are always placed in contact with each other in a close order formation even when moving in open order.

As for when is close combat is initiated I would say that it is upon base to base contact with an enemy unit.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:29 pm 

@Iluzagin: Okay. I did't see this sentence. Then i guess the -1 doesn't count for reaction fire (if the unit get in contact), only for defensive fire. But on the whole my question is answered. only -1, if charging in "open order".

What's about my second question?

2)
Impetus and companion special rule:
During a charge two bases of an unit get an impetus bonus and one base not (or vice versa). Get the additional die from the companion special rule the impetus bonus or not?
2a) What's about the additional die of a joined commander?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:53 pm 
Pachołek/Camp servant

@Bill,
As I read the rules, it does not matter how you moved. When you shoot at a unit you look at how the unit is at that time. That means that elite cavalry are in close order, and won't get the open order -1. Except for the special case during charging. So, even though elite cavalry can move as if open order, it will not be in open order when shot at.
When shooting it does not state that you have to take into account what the target unit was doing, only what its current state is (makes the game easier, I guess).

But, this is, in the end, interpreting it.

The moment where the -1, for open order during the charge, ends is open for debate. The rules state at the start of combat, but what phase/stage/step is ment by it? The wording is not precise in this one.

@Boomer,
As I see it, the unit gets impetus, so the additional dice for companion rolls the for same value as the other dice.
Also, when adding a commander to a unit, the unit gets another dice. So again it'll get all the modifiers that the unit gets.

Ergo, the modifiers to the unit are, as I see it, also applied to all additional dice that the unit gets.

My 2 cents,
Cheers,
Zagin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:53 am 

I re-read the section about Elite Cavalry. And yes the -1 for shooting is only if the Elite Cavalry has a Charge Order and doesn't move as if in Close Order. Interesting.

And for question 2.: As i stated the whole Unit gets the Impetus bonus if it applies. The additional die for Companion and/or Commander will get this bonus too (it's part of the Unit).
But it's a bit tricky if you have for example: 2 bases attacking. One base attacks over an Obstacle, the other doesn't. The base attacking over the Obstacle gets a -1 or -2 Skill modifier (depending if Infantry or Cavalry), the other base doesn't. So what happens with the additional die for Companion/Commander?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:40 am 

BlackLegion wrote:
I re-read the section about Elite Cavalry. And yes the -1 for shooting is only if the Elite Cavalry has a Charge Order and doesn't move as if in Close Order. Interesting.

And for question 2.: As i stated the whole Unit gets the Impetus bonus if it applies. The additional die for Companion and/or Commander will get this bonus too (it's part of the Unit).
But it's a bit tricky if you have for example: 2 bases attacking. One base attacks over an Obstacle, the other doesn't. The base attacking over the Obstacle gets a -1 or -2 Skill modifier (depending if Infantry or Cavalry), the other base doesn't. So what happens with the additional die for Companion/Commander?

Apply it to the better Skill stand. Nothing says you have to do otherwise. It is a "free" die.

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:06 pm 

In what moment I have to decide whether to create a Squadron ?

Before I begin with the set up of the units, or during the setup?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:39 pm 
Sekretarz królewski/Royal secretary

During the setup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm 

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:25 pm 

In the scenario Night Attack the weaker player isn't allowed to from squadrons. Does this rule supersede the forced squadroning of Transylvanian Cavalry or single base Reiter Companies?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:32 pm 

It would appear so. The rule clarification on the Transylvanians states "where possible". Since the scenario forbids squadrons, it is no longer "possible".

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next