Ogniem i Mieczem - By Fire and Sword

Historyczna Gra Strategiczna - Historical Wargame
It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 pm 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:09 am
Posts: 178
Passing through friendly Units. Can this be done when:

Withdrawing?
Fleeing?
Breaking-Off?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 pm 
Offline
Namiestnik

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am
Posts: 1850
In Polish rulebook there is section in chapter 13th Advanced Movement that says you need to pass Skill check for both units if they are not in open order. Failed checks results in disorganization.

_________________
Bób, homar, włoszczyzna

Chcesz sprzedać/kupić od/wymienić figurki z bartomeuszem, to weź pod uwagę, że jest osobą, która wycofuje się z własnych ustaleń i w efekcie z handlu nici.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:46 am 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Stafford, UK
piotroslav wrote:
In Polish rulebook there is section in chapter 13th Advanced Movement that says you need to pass Skill check for both units if they are not in open order. Failed checks results in disorganization.


I will have to have a look at this tomorrow as my rule book is at the shop but I do not remember seeing that both units take a Skill test!

_________________
Regards,
Roland
www.staffordgames.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:48 am 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 335
Location: Virginia, USA
When done voluntarily under a Movement order they both test if either is in Closed Order.

_________________
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

http://knightrecoil.blogspot.com
http://peasantpartisan.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline
Prowiantmagister Cekhauz Wilcza
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 am
Posts: 969
Location: Warszawa
Alan Charlesworth wrote:
Passing through friendly Units. Can this be done when:

Withdrawing?
Fleeing?
Breaking-Off?


Withdrawing unit could pass, but only if both units are not Disorganized. If one units is Disorganized, then passing is forbidden and other unit have to take Morale test. (page 91, 4th paragraph)
Fleeing unit could pass, but passed unit have to take Morale test. (page 90, 3rd paragraph)
Breaking-Off is the same as withdrawing, I think? Maybe difference is that break-off is always in good order and withdraw coud be in disorganised state. Whatever, they are practically the same in game mechanics.

_________________
Na żołdzie: Sandżakbej, Aga, 2 torhaki ordyńców, chorągiew Lipków, dżemat beszli, 2 ale sipahów
Rozesłane wici: 2 torhaki ordyńców, 3 dżematy beszli/gonullu, 4 ale sipahów, 1 chorągiew zdradzieckich Lipków, 2 dżematy janczarów


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:43 pm 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Stafford, UK
Kadzik wrote:
Alan Charlesworth wrote:
Passing through friendly Units. Can this be done when:

Withdrawing?
Fleeing?
Breaking-Off?


Withdrawing unit could pass, but only if both units are not Disorganized. If one units is Disorganized, then passing is forbidden and other unit have to take Morale test. (page 91, 4th paragraph)
Fleeing unit could pass, but passed unit have to take Morale test. (page 90, 3rd paragraph)
Breaking-Off is the same as withdrawing, I think? Maybe difference is that break-off is always in good order and withdraw coud be in disorganised state. Whatever, they are practically the same in game mechanics.


Page 91 says that if a unit that is disorganized withdraws into another unit it must stop when it contacts that unit and the unit that it has withdrawn into takes a skill test not a morale test.

_________________
Regards,
Roland
www.staffordgames.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 am 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Stafford, UK
Below is my summary of the interpenetration rules as I see it, please correct me if I am wrong:-

Units in Good Order

1. Units in Open Order can move through each other without penalty
2. If either or both units are in Close Order then they must both take a Skill Test and either fail they become Disorganized.
3. If a Withdrawing unit doesn't have enough movement to move all the way through the unit it wants to move through, and one or both units are in Close Order, it stops as soon as it touches the other unit and both units take a Skill Test. A failed test means the unit is Disorganized.

Disorganized Units

1. If a unit is disorganized it can only move through another unit if it's move distance would take the whole unit right the way through the unit it is moving through, if there isn't enough movement to clear the unit it must stop on contact with the unit it wants to move through and the unit takes a Skill Test. A failed test means the unit is Disorganized.

Fleeing Units

1. If a unit is Fleeing it will move all the way through another unit even if it's Flee movement is not enough to take it all the way through that unit. The unit that the Fleeing units moves through must take a Morale Test.

I hope that covers all of the possibilities!

_________________
Regards,
Roland
www.staffordgames.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm 
Offline
Prowiantmagister Cekhauz Wilcza
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 am
Posts: 969
Location: Warszawa
StaffordGames wrote:
Page 91 says that if a unit that is disorganized withdraws into another unit it must stop when it contacts that unit and the unit that it has withdrawn into takes a skill test not a morale test.

Skill Test for sure, my mistake.

Your list is correct Roland.

_________________
Na żołdzie: Sandżakbej, Aga, 2 torhaki ordyńców, chorągiew Lipków, dżemat beszli, 2 ale sipahów
Rozesłane wici: 2 torhaki ordyńców, 3 dżematy beszli/gonullu, 4 ale sipahów, 1 chorągiew zdradzieckich Lipków, 2 dżematy janczarów


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:04 am
Posts: 132
Where do you get this from?

Quote:
1. If a unit is disorganized it can only move through another unit if it's move distance would take the whole unit right the way through the unit it is moving through, if there isn't enough movement to clear the unit it must stop on contact with the unit it wants to move through and the unit takes a Skill Test. A failed test means the unit is Disorganized.


As I see it disorganized units cannot pass through anyone.

Page 89: Other units cannot pass through a Disorganized Unit nor can it pass through other units. The only exceptions are fleeing units, which may pass through any friendly unit (including a disorganized unit).

Page 91: According to the normal rules, withdrawing units may pass through friendly units, as long as none of them is disorganized. If a withdrawing unit is disorganized and withdraws into another friendly unit that unit must pass a skill test or will itself become disorganized and vice versa when an organized unit withdraws into a disorganize one.

If a unit cannot withdraw the required distance it should withdraw as far as possible and stop.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Passing through friendly Units
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm 
Offline
Ciura obozowy/Camp follower

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Stafford, UK
Amaz_Ed wrote:
Where do you get this from?

Quote:
1. If a unit is disorganized it can only move through another unit if it's move distance would take the whole unit right the way through the unit it is moving through, if there isn't enough movement to clear the unit it must stop on contact with the unit it wants to move through and the unit takes a Skill Test. A failed test means the unit is Disorganized.


As I see it disorganized units cannot pass through anyone.

Page 89: Other units cannot pass through a Disorganized Unit nor can it pass through other units. The only exceptions are fleeing units, which may pass through any friendly unit (including a disorganized unit).

Page 91: According to the normal rules, withdrawing units may pass through friendly units, as long as none of them is disorganized. If a withdrawing unit is disorganized and withdraws into another friendly unit that unit must pass a skill test or will itself become disorganized and vice versa when an organized unit withdraws into a disorganize one.

If a unit cannot withdraw the required distance it should withdraw as far as possible and stop.


Yes got that one wrong!

Amended version below:-

Units in Good Order

1. Units in Open Order can move through each other without penalty
2. If either or both units are in Close Order then they must both take a Skill Test and if either fail they become Disorganized.
3. If a Withdrawing unit doesn't have enough movement to move all the way through the unit it wants to move through, and one or both units are in Close Order, it stops as soon as it touches the other unit and both units take a Skill Test. A failed test means the unit is Disorganized.

Disorganized Units

1. A disorganized unit can not pass through any other unit. If it comes into contact with another unit it must stop and the contacted unit must take a Skill test, if the test is failed the contacted unit becomes Disorganized.

Fleeing Units

1. If a unit is Fleeing it will move all the way through another unit even if it's Flee movement is not enough to take it all the way through that unit. The unit that the Fleeing units moves through must take a Morale Test.

_________________
Regards,
Roland
www.staffordgames.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group