By Fire and Sword Tournament at Historicon, July 16th, Fredericksburg, VA
Date: Saturday, 16th of July 2016
Entry fee: tournament is free for all attendants of Historicon (i.e no additional fee above Historicon admission fee)
Limit of participants: 20 Players
I. Send your entries to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The entry should include:
- Name and surname of the player
- City / Country
- Chosen faction
- up to 3 Skirmish lists (see Army Composition)
The entries should be sent only in the form of the PLAYER’S CARD and description.
You can download PLAYER’S CARD here:http://www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/ind ... yers-sheet
Please describe how your Skirmish Forces have been created (step by step).
Crown Skirmish (1649-52)
I'm changing 3-bases strong pancerni banner from the base of Skirmish to 2-bases strong elite pancerni banner and I'm changing one 3-bases strong cossack-style banner for 3-bases strong dragoon company. I'm adding 2 bases to two 2-bases strong cossack-style banners for 1FPS.. etc
This information should be sent not later than 10.07.2016.
It is possible to send the entry later but in such case the player may send only one Skirmish list;
Information should also be posted in this thread along with the nation you will play;
II. PLAN OF THE TOURNAMENT
The tournament includes 3 battles.
Tournament opening: 12.00 PM
First battle: 12.30 PM – 2.30 PM
Second battle: 3.00 PM – 5.00 PM
Third battle: 5.30 PM – 7.30 PM
Award Ceremony - 8.00 PM
III. General Rules:
1. Games will be played at the Skirmish Level using the materials from “By Fire and Sword” main rulebook, “The Deluge” and "Armies of the By Fire and Sword" supplements as well as PDF files available on BFaS website, FAQ and Errata.
2. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Swedish army lists from the main rulebook are replaced in whole by the lists from “The Deluge” supplement;
3. Limited ammunition rules (written down) and all optional rules (excluding: Average Rolls and Group Orders) will be used, unless both players decide otherwise.
4. "Small Skirmish Force" rule is modified. You can play against this Skirmish with any Force (it doesn't have 7FPS or less) however any Small Skirmish Force can use an optional rule "Choosing an effects"
5. “Scenarios” chapter from “The Deluge” supplement shall be used, excluding The Convoy scenario;
6. In the first battle the pairs shall be drawn so that armies of the same nations do not fight against each other. In the following battles players will be paired according to points scored, so that armies of the same nations do not fight against each other. If the difference between players is more than 1 Large Point, or there is no possibility to pair otherwise there might be a situation where 2 players with the same army play against one another.
IV. Army Composition:
1. Army lists published in the By Fire and Sword main rulebook, "The Deluge” and "Armies of the By Fire and Sword" supplements and also at BFAS website can be used in the tournament, excluding forces with the Convoy Special Rule.
2. A Small Skirmish Force is a force with an appropriate Special Rule or with 4 or less FSP;
3. In every battle you may use a different version of the Skirmish Force list of the nation of your choice. The version is chosen after you get to know what nation you will be facing.
4. The players are obliged to have readable Skirmish Force lists with:
a) Force Strength Points of the whole Skirmish Force
b) Force Value
c) Reconnaissance Points
In order to make it easier for referees to check the lists each Skirmish Force should be described with a name, level used and additional operations such as: adding bases, exchange of units etc.
5. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth army will be divided into Polish, Lithuanian, Courland and Danzig armies.
6. In addition to their army the players should also bring as many field fortifications models as may be necessary for them. If a player does not have such fortifications they may not use them in a game.
V. Appearance of the Army:
1. Armies must be completely painted and have their bases finished.
2. WYSIWYG rule is in force. Shields and arquebuses are excluded from the WYSIWYG rule (in case of cavalry). This equipment is barely visible so it will not cause confusion.
3. A complete ban on proxies is in force – that is using a model of one formation as a model of another formation.
4. The tournament is organized by Wargamer company and only Wargamer figures can be used. This does not apply to terrain elements, obstacles and field fortifications.
5. Conversions are allowed. You need to notify the head referee about them in advance and he will decide whether to allow them on the tournament.
Players score Small Points in a battle according to the level of victory. The payer that lost receives 0 SP, and the winner gets the difference between the points he scored and the points scored by the opponent.
Large Points are granted for the level of victory or defeat:
0 – Historical defeat
1 – Strategic defeat
2 – Tactical defeat
3 - Draw
4 – Tactical victory
5 - Strategic victory
6 – Historical victory
in addition Players can get the following achievements:
"Undefeated" – did not loose a single battle on the tournament +1 Big Point.
- "Conqueror" – scored more small points than his opponent in every battle +1 Big Point.
- "Destroyer of Armies" – lost more battles than he won (here a draw with opponent’s advantage is treated as a loss) -1 Big Point.
- "Sluggish" – none of his battles lasted until the end (6/8 turns or wiping out the enemy/surrendering) - 1 Big Point.
1. The classification is made according to Large Points.
2. If several players have the same number of Large Points the classification is decided by Small Points.
3.If there is still a tie the classification is decided by the result of a direct game between those players (number of Small Points in this game).
4. The number of historical victories, then strategic victories, then tactical victories
5. If there is still a tie the classification is decided by fate (we will draw the winner for example by a throw of a coin – the winner gets the higher place and the looser gets the Wargamer ducat that was thrown).