The 5th Jan III Sobieski Tournament in Wilanów, "By Fire and Sword Singles Championships 2017"
Date: 18th-19th March 2017
For the fourth time on behalf of Wargamer company and The Museum of the Palace at Wilanów we would like to invite you to take part in International By Fire and Sword Singles Championships 2017.Information about Player's Package and Entry Fee
Every Player participating in the Championships will receive miniature of Jan Chryzostom Pasek, Polish noble, participant of the Czarniecki's expedition to Denmark in 1658-1659 and author of famous memoirs which are great source for Baroque sarmatian culture.
and miniature of historical commander or generic special miniature (like messenger, peasant informer).
All particpants registered by the 15th of February will be able to vote in special pool we'll prepare.
Those rules will not be published by us in any form at least in a time of 3 months. Also miniature will not be available in Ducats Catalogue etc as least for 3 months. Those rules will be allowed in any BFaS official tournament.
In addition every Player will receive 10 Ducats.Entry fee: 15 Euro
You may also buy special T-shirt
s we'll prepare for Championships.They will cost 15 euro
each and are will be available in S, M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL sizes. We'll be collecting your orders by the 26th of Fenbuary (T-shirt will be presented in February).RULESI. ENTRIES
I. Send your entries to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(don't mind delivery problems notifications).
The entry should include:
- Name and surname of the player
- City / Country
- Chosen faction
- up to 3 Skirmish lists (see Army Composition)
- Information on the chosen entry package
- T-shirt size (if you want to buy it)
The entries should be sent only in the form of the PLAYER’S CARD and description.
You can download PLAYER’S CARD here:
Polish version:http://oim.wargamer.pl/pl/download/pozo ... olska.html
English version:http://www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/ind ... yers-sheet
Please describe how your Skirmish Forces have been created (step by step).
For example: Crown Skirmish (1649-52)
I'm changing 3-bases strong pancerni banner from the base of Skirmish to 2-bases strong elite pancerni banner and I'm changing one 3-bases strong cossack-style banner for 3-bases strong dragoon company. I'm adding 2 bases to two 2-bases strong cossack-style banners for 1FPS.. etc
Force Value calculatorhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
and here you can find our guidelines how to prepare roosterviewtopic.php?p=126843#p126843
This information should be sent not later than 10.03.2017.
It is possible to send the entry later but in such case the player may send only one Skirmish list;
Information should also be posted in this thread along with the nation you will play;
Please make entry fee payments to the following bank account:
PL 36 1560 0013 2514 1184 4000 0002
SWIFT CODE: GBGCPLPK
or the Paypal account: email@example.com
At the moment we have a limit of 80 participants. The limit might be increased slightly but this depends on the Museum and we are waiting for a confirmation. The participation will be decided by the order of payments
. The list of admitted tournament participants shall be systematically updated.II. PLAN OF THE TOURNAMENT
Making payment for tournament and sending corrected and approved roosters mean that you are officially registered.
Pairs for the first battle will be announced on Friday evening.
The tournament includes 5 battles. 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday
Players will be allowed to enter the tournament hall at 9.00
10.00 – 12.00 First battle
13.00 -15.00 Second battle
16.00 - 18.00 Third battle
Players will be allowed to enter the tournament hall at 9.30
10.00 - 12.00 Fourth battle
13.00 – 15.00 Fifth battle
17.00 End of the tournament and award ceremony.
During the breaks catering will be available at the tournament hall; also there are restaurants in the vicinity of the museum. There will also be some attractions and events prepared for you by us and the Museum.
III. General Rules:
1. Games will be played at the Skirmish Level using the materials from “By Fire and Sword” main rulebook, “The Deluge” , "Armies of the By Fire and Sword" and "Warsaw 1656" supplements, FAQ and Errata.
2. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Swedish army lists from the main rulebook are replaced in whole by the lists from “The Deluge” supplement;
3. Limited ammunition rules (written down) and all optional rules (excluding: Average Rolls and Group Orders) will be used, unless both players decide otherwise.
4. "Small Skirmish Force" rule is modified. You can play against this Skirmish with any Force (it doesn't have 7FPS or less) however any Small Skirmish Force can use an optional rule "Choosing an effects"
5. “Scenarios” chapter from “The Deluge” supplement shall be used, excluding The Convoy scenario;
6. In the first battle the pairs shall be drawn so that armies of the same nations do not fight against each other. In the following battles players will be paired according to points scored, so that armies of the same nations do not fight against each other. If the difference between players is more than 1 Large Point, or there is no possibility to pair otherwise there might be a situation where 2 players with the same army play against one another.7. Rule Defensive skirmish forces is changed to:
Defensive Skirmish ForceIV. Army Composition:
If one of the armies is a Defensive Skirmish Force then Scenarios are selected from the list below. The roll is made according to the normal procedure. The Weaker player rolls the number of scenarios equal to the Command Points value of his Skirmish Force Commander and chooses 1 of them.
1-3- Defend the village (1*)
4-5- Defend the crossing (1*)
6- Forage (2/0)
7-8- Delay the enemy (0*)
9- Ambush (3/1)
10- Night attack (4/2)
If the Weaker player is a commander of Defensive Skirmish Force, he/she can discard all dice with results: 6 (Forage), 9 (Ambush) and/or 10 (Night Attack). If he/she chooses one of these scenarios anyway, its cost are 2 FSP less (the value after slash).
Defensive Skirmish Forces ignore any rules forcing rerolling their Scenario rolls (for example “Beating the Tartars…” rule), unless the given rule clearly states otherwise.
If both Skirmish Forces have the same Strength Points Value then the Delay the enemy Scenario is used.
If both armies are Defensive Skirmish Forces, or none of the Scenarios can be chosen, the Scenarios are chosen according to the procedure described in point C. The Weaker force rolls for Additional Effects as normal.
1. Army lists published in the By Fire and Sword main rulebook, "The Deluge” and "Armies of the By Fire and Sword" supplements and also at BFAS website can be used in the tournament, excluding forces with the Convoy Special Rule.
2. A Small Skirmish Force is a force with an appropriate Special Rule or with 4 or less FSP;
3. In every battle you may use a different version of the Skirmish Force list of the nation of your choice. The version is chosen after you get to know what nation you will be facing.
4. The players are obliged to have readable Skirmish Force lists with:
a) Force Strength Points of the whole Skirmish Force
b) Force Value
c) Reconnaissance Points
In order to make it easier for referees to check the lists each Skirmish Force should be described with a name, level used and additional operations such as: adding bases, exchange of units etc.
5. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth army will be divided into Polish, Lithuanian, Courland and Danzig armies.
6. In addition to their army the players should also bring as many field fortifications models as may be necessary for them. If a player does not have such fortifications they may not use them in a game.V. Appearance of the Army:
1. Armies must be completely painted and have their bases finished.
2. WYSIWYG rule is in force. Shields and arquebuses are excluded from the WYSIWYG rule (in case of cavalry). This equipment is barely visible so it will not cause confusion.
3. A complete ban on proxies is in force – that is using a model of one formation as a model of another formation.
4. The tournament is organized by Wargamer company and only Wargamer figures can be used. This does not apply to terrain elements, obstacles and field fortifications.
5. Conversions are allowed. You need to notify the head referee about them in advance and he will decide whether to allow them on the tournament.
Players score Small Points in a battle according to the level of victory. The payer that lost receives 0 SP, and the winner gets the difference between the points he scored and the points scored by the opponent.
Large Points are granted for the level of victory or defeat:
0 – Historical defeat
1 – Strategic defeat
2 – Tactical defeat
3 - Draw
4 – Tactical victory
5 - Strategic victory
6 – Historical victory
in addition Players can get the following achievements:
"Undefeated" – did not loose a single battle on the tournament +1 Big Point.
- "Conqueror" – scored more small points than his opponent in every battle +1 Big Point.
- "Destroyer of Armies" – lost more battles than he won (here a draw with opponent’s advantage is treated as a loss) -1 Big Point.
- "Sluggish" – none of his battles lasted until the end (6/8 turns or wiping out the enemy/surrendering) - 1 Big Point.
1. The classification is made according to Large Points.
2. If several players have the same number of Large Points the classification is decided by Small Points.
3.If there is still a tie the classification is decided by the result of a direct game between those players (number of Small Points in this game).
4The number of historical victories, then strategic victories, then tactical victories
5. If there is still a tie the classification is decided by fate (we will draw the winner for example by a throw of a coin – the winner gets the higher place and the looser gets the Wargamer ducat that was thrown).VII. Prizes
Baton - main trophy
Ducats for victories in battles
Ducats for victories in battles
Ducats for victories in battles
Ducats (according official tournament rules)
* there is possible we can have more rewards but we can confirm it for 100% during the ChampionshiosList of participants (bolded = army lists checked & accepted, K = Polish, L = Lithuanian):1. Karl
3. (K) Krowek (dodatkowy dukat za pierwsze zgłoszenie PL, t-shirt)
4. (L) Bartomeusz (t-shirt)
5. (L) Adek
7. Iluzagin (t-shirt)
8. Zk1944 (t-shirt)
9. (L) Sebaar
10. Kaduceusz (t-shirt)
16. (K) Mattski80
18. (K) SaKaGe
19. Von Berthold
20. Masakrator (t-shirt)
21. (K) Tomekf77
22. Skoscianski (t-shirt)
23. (K) Lubelak
26. Sławek Porębski (t-shirt)
27. (K) Sztazi
- niestety odwołał udział32. Cezar
33. Stefan Olsson
36. Alexandros (t-shirt)
37. (K) 1PRZEMO1 (t-shirt)
38. Daw (t-shirt)
40. (K) Wasil
41. (L) Solider (t-shirt)
43. (L) Huzar
44. (K) Pancer23
45. (K) Cichy
46. (K) Avallar
50. Gajowy (t-shirt)
51. Casus beli
53. Rafał Łukaszyk
57. (L) Niepokalany
59. (L) Maciej S.
62. (K) Bombel
63. (K) Kozaczyna
66. (K) Pan Pułkownik
68. Witold Janik